Get accurate pricing, a roadmap to success, user research, prototypes, and more – all upfront before your project begins with Mapping.
At Airship, we call the planning and scoping phase at the beginning of a project Mapping. During the Mapping process, we will “map” out the path to completing your project. At the end of this process, we will deliver wireframes and design examples, a complete detailed technical scope, and a firm estimate for pricing and time to complete the project.
Typical Mapping Price Range: $3,000 – $20,000
– This service ranges from introductory Mapping, which helps define your ideas and expected outcomes, to comprehensive Mapping, which includes extensive wireframing, UX design, and integrated user research with our team of experts
Available Mapping Deliverables
– Wireframes to demonstrate the application workflow
– A detailed technical scope document
– User Stories and User Research
– Firm pricing and timeline for completion
– A full-color high-fidelity design of screens selected from wireframes to show design direction
– And more!!
All deliverables are yours to keep. Check out our Mapping Tiers page for more details.
Entrepreneurs and startups
– For those looking to build an app from scratch who first want to see a working prototype of their ideas and gain a more thorough understanding of their users and the market
– For those in need of new, strategic feature enhancements on an existing product (or help to overhaul outdated systems). Hear how Mapping helped one growing business get on the same page about their app goals.
– For those looking for an opportunity to streamline their business by investing in custom-built technology that will last
Shown: Wireframes from February 2018 Mapping for Prometheus/Browning Trail Cameras. Wireframes allow us to visualize the application flow using low-fidelity designs as blueprints. It helps us understand how many screens will need to be developed/designed and how they will connect with the backend architecture to make it all work. Wireframes and workflows also help to uncover potential obstacles, conflicts, redundancies, and opportunities to streamline your project. Learn more about Mapping here.
At Airship, we call projects Journeys. We serve a variety of clients for Project/Journey engagements. We are generally the best fit for large projects that are expected to create a lot of value for our clients. These engagements usually run from a few months to a year or more.
Budgets for these Journeys/Projects are typically in the range of $50,000 to $500,000
Project costs can vary greatly depending on your project needs and timelines, but here is what we most commonly see with clients:
– Research, Discovery, Mapping, User Research, Design, Planning: $5,000 – $30,000
– Prototype or Demo Software: $10,000 – $50,000
– Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Utility Software: $60,000 – $150,000
– Consumer-facing Web or Mobile Application with UX/UI emphasis: $100,000 – $350,000
– Complex, multi-phase, multi-platform software product: $250,000 – $1,000,000+
– Startups using technology as part of their core product and/or service who are in need of a dependable partner to help them grow their product while they grow their business and team. Hear how a project Journey helped one of Birmingham’s fastest-growing tech startups build and launch their app. – Businesses who do not have an internal development team (or whose team is at capacity) but are in need of custom project development. – Organizations who are looking ahead to build out multiple features over time without breaking the bank and want a trusted partner and software development team they can rely on to meet their deadlines and budget needs.
Shown: Early rough drafts of prototypes designed to help Angel Eye Camera Systems visualize potential layouts and color schemes. We are thrilled and honored to say that Angel Eye is currently on their second Journey with Airship, and both were preceded by Mappings. In doing so, we’ve been able to deliver on time and under budget while exceeding expectations. Check out our previous project with them here!
At Airship, we call ongoing support & maintenance engagements Voyages. Voyages are for clients who need our help on an ongoing basis to monitor, support and maintain software applications over a longer period of time. These engagements typically last for 1 year or longer.
Voyage engagements are highly configurable and are priced based on the number of hours needed per month. There is a base fee associated with each engagement and then hourly fees in addition to that.
– Typical Voyages for Airship last for up to 2+ years. – Voyage pricing is highly dependent on the hours required and is therefore configured to meet our clients’ needs, budgets, and project deadlines – These engagements most often range from $1,000 to $20,000 per month based on the needs and budgets they select – Voyages enable fast response times to your most urgent needs and provide an opportunity to split up your project work if necessary.
– Voyages are a great fit for companies who need long-term maintenance and ongoing support for complex systems and databases. – E-commerce platforms, SaaS products, medical software, and more have utilized our Voyages. – Voyages provide complete flexibility on price/budget.
Shown: Our Voyage with Alabama Outdoors to sync and improve their e-commerce platform for online sales and inventory management. Unfortunately, highly complex backend work does not make for a great visual, so here’s a look at the frontend – just remember there’s programming magic happening behind the curtain! Check out our previous Journey with Alabama Outdoors!